Dr. Kristi Funk’s BreasturittoCourse: Breakfast, LunchCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
First unveiled on The Doctors TV show, Dr. Kristi Funk’s breakfast burrito is not just delicious in the morning, but truly any time of the day. The #Breasturitto is easy to prepare and one serving will feed 3-4 people.
of organic firm or extra firm, well drained tofu
of chopped spinach
of Bragg Amino acids (or tamari)
of the peppercorn mill
whole grain tortillas
- Heat pan with a tiny bit of broth just covering the bottom of the pan. Once the broth is simmering, add the chopped onions and peppers. Sauté until they start to get soft (about 6-8 mins). Keep adding broth by the tablespoon when pan is gets too dry.
- Crumble tofu (I use my hands), add turmeric and Bragg Amino acids and sauté until everything is starting to brown just a bit.
- Add spinach and diced tomatoes, turn OFF heat, and toss for a minute or so.
- Taste and decide if you want to add a little more Bragg’s.
- Heat tortilla until soft and fill with mixture. Add salsa, cilantro and avocado and wrap into a burrito.
- Tip: Draining tofu completely is important. Cut the tofu block in half and press in clean kitchen towels, then wrap in a dry towel and place under a heavy pan (or a stack of books (I use a 15 pound weight!). Leave for at least 20 mins and change out towels if they get too saturated. Or buy a tofu press… I bought one, but I still use my weight trick instead!
- All recipes from the Cancer-Kicking! Kitchen are always 100% plant-based and delicious. Check our Ingredient Spotlight feature to learn what makes each ingredient special, and use our Purity Scale to see just how healthy and plant-pure your recipe is.